Miss Liverpool City Region
The competition is a heat run by Pat Hughes, who is acting on behalf of
Miss England Ltd.
General Data Protection Regulation Privacy
of this Website and Miss Liverpool City Region, the owner and provider
of this Website. Miss Liverpool City Region takes the privacy of your
any and all Data collected by us or provided by you in relation to your
use of the Website.
in addition to, our competition rules, which can be found at:-
Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Miss Liverpool City
Region via the Website. This definition incorporates, where
applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you
visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain
features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website
are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data,
including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection
Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws,
regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is
effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Miss Liverpool City Region
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i)
employed by Miss Liverpool City Region and acting in the course of
their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise
providing services to Miss Liverpool City Region and accessing the
Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using,
and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their
own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- references to sub-clauses, clauses,
schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
actions of Miss Liverpool City Region and Users with respect to this
Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from
this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to
social media websites.
- For purposes of the applicable Data
Protection Laws, Miss Liverpool City Region is the "data controller".
This means that Miss Liverpool City Region determines the purposes for
which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting
with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you
exit to (automatically collected);
- Your social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter;
- Other competition-related information, as displayed within the Miss England Rules.;
- Emergency contact information.;
- Health and Education related information.;
- Any other information you wish to provide.;
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you;
- data is received from other sources; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Miss Liverpool City Region will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
- when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
- Miss World;
- Miss England Limited;
- PBT Media Relations Ltd;
- Media (press) / charities and organisations;
Data that is received from third parties
- Miss Liverpool City Region will receive Data about you from the following third parties:
Data that is received from publicly available third parties sources
- We will receive Data about you from the following publicly available third party sources:
- TV and Radio;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about
your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make
improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP
address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website
and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via
cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more
information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the
section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required
by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible
service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may
be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market
research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail.
Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- Appropriate information will be used for PR of the event and the contestant.;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we
deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not
satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain
circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent
which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you
contact us to ask us for more details about a particular
product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under
"soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to
obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and
affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box
that we'll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to
marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find
out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights"
- When you register with us and set up an
account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is
the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at
your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- any of our group companies or
affiliates - to ensure the proper administration of your website and
business. To raise sponsorship for you and the competition. To allow us
to properly market you and to deliver appropriate support when
- our employees, agents and/or
professional advisors - to obtain advice from professional advisers that
allows them to better help and/or train you. To also allow them to be
able to judge you. To allow them to find appropriate events for you to
attend, if required to do so ;
- third party service providers who provide
services to us which require the processing of personal data - to help
third-party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform
functions on our behalf to help ensure the website and the competition
- third party payment providers who process
payments made over the Website - to enable third-party payment providers
to process user payments and refunds, to act in accordance with charity
regulations along with financial regulations;
- relevant authorities - to enable us to comply
with any health and safety regulations, to facilitate the detection of
crime or the collection of taxes or duties;
- PBT Media Relations Ltd. (VAMPHire.Com) - for
the purpose of analysing the use of the website and providing services
that we offer our contestants. To help contestant/s create publicity for
themselves and the event..
- Miss World Contest - If a contestant wins, the
information we have will be passed on to Miss World to alow them to
progress your advancement within the contest..
- Miss England Ltd. - This is the owner of the Title
and in order to progress to the Miss England Finals, your information
will be passed on to them..
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL
technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or
both) in your browser when we use this technology.
- Technical and organisational
measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you
suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please
let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address:-
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe
Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices
against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems,
please visit:-getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM
Government and leading businesses.
- Unless a longer retention period is required or
permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on our systems for the
or until you request that the Data be deleted.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
Right to access - the
right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any
time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we
provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will
not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or
excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your
request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set
out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data
(where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please
contact us via this e-mail address:-
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint
you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to
refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the
UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's
contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is
accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes
during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and
processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European
Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are
located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is
situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with
our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA.
- We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where
it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of
transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by
way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard
contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up
to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the
organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of
- To ensure that your Data receives an adequate
level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and
procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures
your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent
with the Data Protection Laws.
Links to other websites
- This Website may, from time to time, provide
links to other websites. We have no control over such websites and are
does not extend to your use of such websites. You are advised to read
Changes of business ownership and control
- Miss Liverpool City Region may, from time to
time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or
the transfer of control of all or part of Miss Liverpool City Region.
Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our
business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new
owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this privacy
policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was
originally supplied to us.
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under
not be affected.
- If any court or competent authority finds that
invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision
will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity
not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or
omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a
waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and
interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes
arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- Miss Liverpool City Region reserves the right
or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted
on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the
You may contact Miss Liverpool City Region by email at:-
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have
tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that
we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
Please click on
here for more information.
For more information generally on cookies,
including how to disable them, please refer to:-
will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.